Advocate In Residence
CONNECTING THE COMMUNITY TO OUR MISSION THROUGH ART.
Call for Submissions
One chosen artist will receive a stipend of $1,000 for their contribution to our mission. This amount constitutes full payment for services, including necessary materials for the creation of the work. The proposal should be a onetime creation that can be used for many years for our program’s promotional purposes. The artist will be offered a space in our office and must be willing to sign a release of intellectual property. 50% of the stipend will be paid at the contract signing and the remainder at the time of project completion. The artist may need a professional photographer to create high-resolution digital files of their piece—please work with the organization on this factor.
Timeline & Process
The project may be used in the promotion of our April 2018 fundraising event and/or featured the day-of the event.
June 1, 2018-July 1, 2018 = Collection of proposals
July 24, 2018 = Announcement of selected proposal
August 2018 = Artist orientation with staff and programs (date and time TBD)
March 15, 2019 = Project completion
Instructions for Application
Please submit the following materials:
- 5-10 examples of your work
- Images must be submitted in JPEG format, 300 dpi, not larger than 10″ on the longest side and not exceeding 3 MB.
- Video examples may be submitted as .mov files or links to online files. If attaching .mov files, please keep clips limited to 2 minutes or less each.
- Letter of Intent answering the following questions:
- How can your work open up new avenues of the Family Advocates’ mission?
- What is your vision for this partnership?
Please send materials to Jaime@familyadvocat.wpengine.com by July 1.