Built on the STRONG framework and the Five Protective Factors this program reaches all populations and demographics, teaches and trains them with skills needed to strengthen bonds within families, and sends them into the community, armed with the strategies needed to build a healthier family unit, reducing stress, and advancing hope.
As Part of Our Family Strengthening Education Program We Offer:
Courses are provided to adults and children with an additional 5 for 5 program (5 topics for 5 weeks) for teens. Classes for adults and teens are built on the STRONG framework, promoting the Five Protective Factors. Children’s programming is provided during in-person adult classes and parallels adult curriculum allowing parents to put into practice the strategies and skills learned in the adult course. All courses are offered free of charge.
- 10-week courses
- Aimed at reducing stress in families and encouraging healthy bonds
- Classes offered in-person and virtually
- Topics include: Coping and Managing Stress, Attachment and Healthy Relationships, Child Development and the Importance of Play, and Peaceful Parenting
- Recipients receive a certificate of graduation for successful course completion
- 5 for 5 program: 5 topics for 5 weeks
- Parallels adult curriculum allowing parents to put into practice strategies and skills learn in the adult course
- Topics include: Managing Stress, Self-Esteem and Resilience Actions/Consequences, Healthy Relationships and Boundaries, Emotional Awareness, and Communication
- Programming provided during in-person adult classes
- Ages birth – 12 years of age
- Parallels adult curriculum allowing parents to put into practice strategies and skills learned in the adult course
- Topics include: Self-Esteem, Boundaries, Communication Self-Control, Expressing Emotions, and Problem-Solving
Families cannot thrive without having concrete resources easily accessible. Family Strengthening Education Program provides their participants with resources throughout the duration of the course. These may include:
- School Supplies
- Personal Hygiene Products
Parent or caregiver
Call 208-345-3344 and enter extension 1015 to speak to one of our staff or fill out our contact form to begin the enrollment process.