The Giving Season
December is the giving season. Our annual Operation Santa is a partnership with Easterseals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, local and state first responders, volunteers, donors and corporate partners. Without fail, our community displays an amazing outpouring of love and generosity. Families will indeed experience happy holidays with not only the gifts they receive, but the knowledge that perfect strangers wish them well and hope for their future. Children’s faces will light up as they tear into their packages and hope will be preserved. Hope is the greatest gift we can give.
2021 has been a year of Advancing Hope. We have celebrated alongside our children, families, volunteers, community partners, board and staff with some tremendous accomplishments this past year. As the needs continue to rise for our services, our community continues to step up. New partners and supporters have joined our efforts. What an amazing year of advancement it has been!
As we close out the year, there are still ways to give. Here are a few:
- Donate online via our website familyadvocates.org and select GIVE.
- Send a check made out to Family Advocates to 3010 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83703.
- Visit one of our Amazon Wish Lists and purchase items that will be shipped directly to Family Advocates:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for our Family Advocates List of Needs which identifies basic items we collect and distribute to children and families throughout our service area.
Where do your donations go?
- $20 can purchase diapers and wipes for a family for one week.
- $60 pays for a foster child’s backpack with items they need, want, and can read.
- $200 pays for virtual volunteer training which results in more support in rural areas for children needing a guardian ad litem.
- $5,000 over the course of two years provides stability to the programs for prevention and advocacy. This means no lapse in service due to lack of staff, trained volunteers or resources. Please consider becoming a Champion for Children.
With a new year comes new possibilities. As we begin to get a glimpse of 2022, we are enthusiastic about its prospects. Our wish is to end child abuse, neglect, and abandonment. We know it is a lofty goal in a trying world, but we are encouraged by the continuous support of our community and the desire to make a change. For 2022, we are indeed certain that the possibilities are truly endless.
Happiest of Holidays!